Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Weekly contest

So I just came back from Tokyo (right now I live in Toyohashi, in Aichi prefecture), and I visited Harajuku.

I think that, out of all of the wards in Tokyo, Harajuku is probably my favorite. The way the people dress there is insane. Everyone is so fashionable, and particular about how they dress, it's amazing, and of course every clothing line imaginable has a store there. I think that this may be the fashion capital of our planet, really.

My absolute favorite clothing line has always been Ralph Lauren, and they have a flagship store in Harajuku. You really can't compare this area of Tokyo to any other place, BUT if you've been to New York City, and you visited the area on 5th Avenue where all of the pricier stores are, than that's kind of what Harajuku is like, but all of the pricier stores like Fendi, Prada, etc. are in an area called 'Omotesando', but I think that Omotesando may be considered Shibuya, and not Harajuku. It's strange when you go directly from Harajuku to Akihabara, because although the majority of Japanese people are very fashion-conscious, you actually see 'nerds' in Akihabara, and I don't mean people who dress like nerds, because they think it's cool, I mean nerds. I love going there, because I'm a huge Street Fighter fan, and Street Fighter III: Third Strike is by far my absolute favorite, so I go to watch the matches (they are really incredible).

This is my third time visiting Tokyo. The first time I went, was for the Tokyo Game show, the second time was for a campus tour of the university that I want to enter, and this time was so that I could get out of my room.

I'm getting off topic though, I was trying to think of an interesting way to show you guys the different fashions in Japan, and I came up with the idea of doing a poll on who is dressed the best every week. Maybe I could show you guys one person each weekday, and then run a poll on the weekends to see who you guys (which as of now is probably just my sister, and my father), thought was the best dressed. I need a new camera though, because mine is terrible, so after that I'll start doing this I'm promise. I'll have to start here in Toyohashi though (which is good, because you'll get to see the difference between smaller towns, and Tokyo's fashion trends...).

Also, on a side note. I realized that selling stuff on eBay, may be a little bit harder than I originally thought as there are a lot of stores on the internet which already do so. Having said that, my original idea of selling all types of things has been scratched. I will only sell things that I don't think that you can get from any other place on the internet, and I won't sell very often.

Thanks for reading this long post.

No comments:

Post a Comment