Monday, August 31, 2009

WOW!!!

...

Ok. Last weekend was really an adventure! It started out when I was returning to my apartment, and struck up a conversation with another American on the train. This guy was hilarious. We talked about how all of the little kids will never sit next to us on the train (even if their parents ask them to), and how they sometimes cry when the look at us.

He seemed like a very funny, and nice guy, so I figured I would go out clubbing with him.

...

So... apparently he has two apartments. One out in the middle of nowhere, and one in the heart of Akihabara. We were supposed to go to Roppongi, which all of my teachers have warned me against, but I told him that I would meet him in Akihabara at 9, and then head out from there. I actually really like Akihabara, because I LOVE Street Fighter 3rd Strike, and this is where all of the best players go to play (I will try to upload a video of that soon). So I went early, maybe around 8:30, or so. This guy never showed up. I was watching people play video games for nearly an hour, and a half.

I went back home, hopped in the tub, and went to sleep. Around 11:15 (I kid you not) I was awaken by my phone. This dude is completely plastered, and he's asking me where I am. OHHHH!!! Wait. I forgot something. When I got there at 8:30 I called him to let him know that I got there early, and he said, "Ahhh... you're going to be mad aren't you? Don't beat me up to bad, although pain sometimes feels good, and releases a lot of endorphins." To which I replied, "Is this your way of telling me that you're a masochist?"

...

My dumbass should've known to stop there, but no. I want to be kind, and give people the benefit of a doubt, and try not to judge them right off the bat.

Anyways. I was about to go to sleep, and this guy calls me, and is like "Where are you at? I'm in Akihabara now." I wasn't really all that mad for some reason. I think it was because, my time in Tokyo has been phenomenal, thereby placing me in a great mood.

I actually got up, and went BACK to Akihabara. We were supposed to meet in the station. This asshole didn't meet me there, and I had to talk to the Japanese girls that he was with in order to find my way to the bar they were at. I get there, and... I'm really not very smooth with the ladies, which I think he noticed right away, so he offered to buy me a beer. NOTE* I say he offered to buy me a beer, I did not say that I asked for a beer. Please keep that in mind, also keep in mind that this person is in his mid-30's, and I'm 23.

I drank a beer, and then I started to conversate with the girls. This guys speaks NO Japanese, absolutely none, so the girls didn't really seem to have much interest in him. After about an hour, or so, they actually started buying me drinks (lol), and it was almost like he wasn't there. I think that this pissed him off, because he asked me to buy him a beer, to which I said NO. Then he said that since he bought me one, I should buy him one.

...

WTF!*&@^

We were at the bar for like 5 minutes. He tried to order the most expensive beer in the bar, but since he can't speak any English, it was impossible. I got him the cheapest beer on Earth. At this time the girls approached ME, and said that they had to go, because the last train was about to leave the station. I said, I would go to (in Japanese), and the other guy didn't know what the hell was going on. He's like, "We're supposed to go to Roppongi, right?" I said yeah, but the last train is about to leave, so had we met at 9, then we would've been able to go to Roppongi, and I'd still have time to get back home. Then... I kid you not, this dude said, "DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT! YOU'RE GOING TO STAY AT MY PLACE!" I swear. He said it angrily too, like that was the plan from the start. That comment + the comment about liking pain made me question this man's sexuality. I have NO problem with gay's, bi's, whatever, however I don't want to get raped by a 40 year old.

I literally ran to the train station, and I kid you not, this guy followed me! The girls were there too. It was F*ing bonkers! Imagine this for a second... You've got a 40+ something, possible gay rapist chasing you while you're trying to catch the last train of the night! If that's not a nightmare, than I don't know what is. I get there, and the girls ask me what he's doing, and I say I have no idea, although he said we're heading in the same direction... how the hell is that possible, if he lives in Akihabara! I make my way to the platform, and this guy is still right behind me! WTF!!! I ask how to get to Tabata, and someone who works at the station says that I have to go to a different platform, and that I have to hurry, because the train leaves soon.

I rely on my speed to ditch the late 40's, possibly gay rapist guy, who is most definitely going through an mid-life crisis, and I hid until my train came. He didn't find me. The train ended up stopping half way through the trip ( I guess the last one doesn't go all the way), and I had to walk from Ueno to Tabata at 1:30 am. I didn't get home until 3:00ish.

Wow.

I have to say that it was interesting though, and that I don't regret going the second time. I DO however regret not getting those girls phone numbers. They were all over me!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!!!!!!! That crazy and interesting at the same time..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alan, that was a crazy story. Why didn't you tell me again? ._. Jerk!

    Take me next time you go do crazy shit, mk? I'll be your shield.

    ReplyDelete