Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ginza's most お洒落 contest

*Update* (9/28/09) - A few people have told me that they couldn't vote, so I will also open a poll on the right side of the page, so that you can vote there as well!! Voting for Ginza ends on the 10th of October.

This week I decided to do Ginza...

This was really difficult. There were SO many people there that wouldn't give us the time of day. A lot of them wouldn't even look at us to decline politely. As a result, we ended up not getting to shoot a lot of the people that we really wanted to shoot.

I think that I will put on my best clothes, and try to go to Ginza again, and see if we get a better response.

It was really tough. It took us nearly 5 hours to get 8 people to take pictures. Nearly the opposite of Harajuku, where we easily got 8 wonderful people to allow us to take their picture.

Most of the girls seemed to have this outrageous, super self-important, conceited attitude. A few declined very politely, but some of them had made us out to be perverts, or something, before we had even said anything. Their eyes, said, "I'm too good for you," but at the same time said, "I feed on this type of attention!!!"

Anyways, here are the pics of this week's lovely, and kind souls: (note that for some of them the pictures really don't do them justice). I'm sorry, I will try my best to take better pictures in the future.

#1 - This guy was very nice. When we asked him if we could take his picture he was so cool about it.




#2 - Is actually a group. It seems we always have at least one group of people who are willing to have their pictures taken, I think I'll continue this tradition next week too. They were very nice, and polite. They were returning from a wedding ceremony. Very classy!




#3 - Wow! I really love this guy's suit. His shoes were also very, very nice (sorry the picture REALLY does not do him justice). He also had a very nice mohawk! I want to be like him.




#4 - Very striking blue skirt. I think we caught her off guard a little bit... sorry.





#5 - Very nice, and simple. On a more personal note, when she smiled, my soul lit up! Her happiness was very powerful, and contagious.




#6 - This guy was also VERY well put together. I loved his tweed blazer. He was very hesitant about taking the picture, and smiled from ear to ear while taking the pictures.




#7 - Lucky number seven. This person was VERY kind, and a joy to be with. I'm going to put two pictures of her up!





#8 - Another pair. I wish I could've taken a better picture, but they seemed to be in a hurry, and I didn't want to take up anymore of their time.




So that's what I got! I WILL go back to Ginza, as I stated above, but I will have to change my approach for the people in Ginza. It is VERY difficult.

I would like to say 'thank you' to all of the people who did let us take their picture. I appreciate it very much.

To vote, simply write the number of the person/group that you like the most in the comments area. Also, feel free to make any other comments. Voting for Ginza will end on the 10th of October.

Next week is Shimokitazawa, and then probably Takadanobaba.

Wish me luck, and please vote!

8 comments:

  1. The girl in the picture#7 is so pretty. I think I fall in love with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would really like to vote for all of them, but I can't, so I will have to vote for #3!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #6. His candy-blue alligator skin wristwatch makes his getup and destroys everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1 is the best!!
    I also want to vote for all.

    >Sachiko
    Thank you for your voting!
    You fall in love with her??
    ...me too and Alan too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Sachiko, ne? #7 it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm i think number 4 is the dopest, i mean look at her hair its all screwed up... its perfect! and her skirt too, it jst says "hey look at me, i have no fashion sense at all" AWSOME!

    ReplyDelete