Monday, September 7, 2009

Harajuku's most お洒落 contest.

I've been talking about doing this for a REALLY long time. Well I've finally did it.

I've went out with a friend, and we searched for the most fashionable person in Harajuku. It was SO much fun. I basically walked up to people, and asked them if I could take their picture. There were a couple of people who said no, but for th
e most part, everyone was glad to do it.

So, my plan is to go to different areas of Tokyo and get an idea of how people dress there. I think that it would be useful for people who want to keep track of trends here in Japan.

What will happen is that I will take as many pictures as I can of people in each area, and each week people will vote on who they think is the best dressed person out of the pictures I've taken. I will keep the photo of the person who wins, and months from now I will do Tokyo's most お洒落 (fashionable), and the winners from all of the different areas of Tokyo will be entered.

Understand?


I may do some areas twice (I actually plan on doing Harajuku again), and I reserve the right to throw in at least one person's photo into the finals.

This is not a beauty contest. If you're going to vote, please do so based on the person's overall appearance. Please do not vote for someone, because you like their lips.

I forgot to get the names of all of the people (...), so I will number each photo, and if you want to vote, simply post a comment with the number of the person that you like the most.

So, here they are:

#1. - This person insisted that her dog be in the photo with her.




#2. - A duet. I actually helped the girl on the left with a homework assignment after I took her picture.


#3. - I've seen a LOT of people where neon colored clothing here, so I had to take his picture. I will try to get more later.



#4. - I love this guy's shirt.



#5. - Believe it, or not, but I think this is #4's girlfriend. They're both awesome.



#6. - This guy was so incredibly well put together. He's not a tiger, he's a snake (like my brother).



#7. - My friend, and I were drawn in by this guy's shirt, and pink shoes.



#8. - And last, but most certainly not least we decided to take the picture of someone who wasn't as flashy as our others subjects.



Please vote! If your picture is up here, feel free to vote for yourself, or someone else. Also please comment! Tell us what you think. If you'd like to see me shoot a different style than say so. If you want to suggest a place to shoot, let me know. I'm open to all suggestions. Voting for this will end on the 20th of September. If you post a vote after the 20th, it will not count, but feel free to do so anyways. Thanks.

12 comments:

  1. well... I guess I'll be the first to vote. I vote for # 6.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #2, because the others are not good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #3 cuz he has a proper crazy looks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #3, he is brave to dress like that

    ReplyDelete
  5. #4 is the best.
    His shirt is cool. Stars, buildings.
    His clothes reveal his personality very clearly, mysterious...

    ReplyDelete
  6. #8です。
    理由は、ショートの髪の色とロングスカートのプリント柄の色が同じでまとまっていて、グリーンのボーダーがうまくアクセントになっているから。
    まねできそうで、できないお洒落さんだと思います。

    ReplyDelete
  7. #1...This is your sis vote

    ReplyDelete
  8. #8
    I really like her short hair style and stripe shirt! These are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 7#...big style, beautiful smile...a lovely person...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I vote for number 6 because no body usually has the guts to look like his evil auntie and walk doing the street

    ReplyDelete