Saturday, March 12, 2011

Earthquake

I'm alive, and safe.

Don't worry about me, I live in Tokyo. Please send your prayers to those who are in need.

I was in class when it happened, and I'm already pretty used to earthquakes, so I didn't really care when it started shaking a bit, but it progressively became stronger. My teacher told me to chill, and "don't run away the projector will fall on your head." Yeah.

In that situation the last thing I'm worrying about is a projector falling. I was the first one out of there.

The train lines stopped running, so I was stuck at school. The situation in Tokyo really isn't that bad. I went to work yesterday, I'm going again today. I didn't go on Friday, but apparently they worked right through the quake.

My only concern at this point is food, water, and electricity. There is no food at the grocery stores in some areas. All of the convenience stores have been cleaned out of most food products, phone chargers, and other miscellaneous products.

I'll probably be leaving Tokyo to go stay with my Kaachan in Toyohashi sometime next week.

Again, please pray for the people in northern Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment